3 Minute Carrot Cake Mug Muffin

Hi there!
Half of Gabby 
has moved to a new kickass website! 

Read this article, in it’s updated version, HERE.

 The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.comand will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!

~~~






I'm a sucker for muffins. Give me a cup of coffee and a couple muffins and I'll love you forever. You wanna know something else I love? Carrot Cake. Oh yeah, like a lot. You wanna know something else I love? Oh, come on, just pretend you do. I know you really don't give a shit. The answer is... I love QUICK AND EASY! 

There's two things that I can guarantee that I am at ALL times:
1. Hungry
2. Busy

I love when I can whip up some healthy food in just a few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for camping out in the kitchen.

This microwave carrot cake muffin is a wonderful healthy breakfast! (Or lunch or snack or, okay I'll admit it, I've even had them for supper). They're made of wholesome ingredients, only 150 calories, and pack a protein punch. Good stuff, man.

So before I give you the recipe let me explain something. This muffin is NOT going to taste like a big piece of two-story carrot cake with mounds of cream cheese frosting on it. I mean, I would imagine you already knew that but I just wanted to remind you that this is a muffin we're talking about. And although this muffin is pretty sizable (I cut mine in half to make two), it's not the same size as those gargantuan ones you get at the bakery that are 1,200 calories each. However, this muffin is a fabulous change of pace and has that 'carb-y' taste we all love, yet the ingredients are healthy and nourishing. 

Do I love this carrot cake muffin? YES! Do I love this carrot cake muffin as much as a piece of carrot cake? Uh, hell no. But I'll take what I can get! 



BTW, this is only 1/2 of your muffin! They turn out so big that you're able to cut it in half and it's like having two muffins. Heck, you could actually have two muffins, which would really be like the size of FOUR muffins, for only 300 calories!

SCORE!

These muffins are good without any topping, but I usually do top mine. My favorite topping is cream cheese, but sometimes I'll top it with all-natural peanut butter. I also love it topped with a drizzle of honey. You can come up with all kinds of ways to top your muffins. Sometimes I'm in the mood to just have them plain with a tiny bit of butter (a small pat of butter is only 25 calories).

Are you ready to try these babies out for yourself? 

I think you are.


3 MINUTE CARROT CAKE MUFFIN
(Makes 1 Muffin)

Printable Recipe

WHATCHU NEED:
  • 1/4c Traditional Oats, pulverized.
  • 6 Baby Carrots
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 2 tsp Honey
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1-2 Stevia Packets (Optional)
  • Coconut Oil or Cooking Spray.

  • 1 Coffee Mug
  • 1 Sandwich Baggie (If greasing your mug with coconut oil.)

*Note: I have a crazy sweet tooth so I add one or two stevia packets to my recipe. This is purely optional. The muffin has a nice hint of sweetness without the stevia because of the honey.


WHATCHU DO:
1. Pulverize your oats and baby carrots in a blender or food processor until they look like coarse flour.




2. Put oats and carrots in a small bowl and mix in the egg whites, honey, cinnamon, baking soda, and stevia.



3. Grease your coffee mug. I grease mine with coconut oil, but you can also use cooking spray.


*Note: To grease my mug, I put my hand in a sandwich baggie and scoop up a small dollop of coconut oil. Then I smear it all over the inside of the mug.



4. Pour carrot mixture into greased mug.




5. Microwave for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. (Each microwave cooks slightly different.)

*Note: Once cooked, the muffin will very nicely pull away from the sides of the mug. Tip the mug over and it'll fall right out!



Look how big! 
YUM!



6. Cut your muffin in half and top if desired. 

I simply drizzled honey on top of this muffin. So yummy!

Some other topping suggestions:


BUTTER

CREAM CHEESE
This is my absolute favorite way to eat them!

PEANUT BUTTER

 PEANUT BUTTER WITH WALNUTS
(You can also add raisins if desired.)

You can also top with any kind of nut butter or simply drizzle some honey over the tops. Yum!



NUTRITIONAL INFO: 
    (1 muffin, plain)
  Calories   150 
  Protein   10g
  Carbs      25
  Sugar      12g
  Fiber        3g
~~~
Here's some more yummy, healthy recipes!





















FOLLOW HALF OF GABBY ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY MOTIVATION! 

You will receive daily goodies including: HEALTH & FITNESS TIPSWORKOUTSHEALTHY RECIPESMOTIVATING ENCOURAGEMENT, as well as FAMILY FITNESSMOMMY IDEASCRAFT IDEAS, and even FUNNY STORIES & ARTICLES for some comedic relief. You get a little bit of everything in just one click :)


To follow, simply 'Like' Half of Gabby's Facebook Page. 


*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

HOW TO NOT GET FAT FOR CHRISTMAS

PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAP PIZZA RECIPE