Jillian Neal, Best Selling Author, Talks About Her Gifted Realm Series

Hi there!
Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website! 

Read this article, in it’s updated version, HERE.
 The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.comand will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!

~~~







I am so excited to bring you this blog post today! Okay, where do I start?! Well, as you know, there's a lot that falls under the umbrella of health and fitness. Health and fitness isn't just simply eating right and exercising. Being a healthy person entails a lot more. Luckily, some of these healthy activities do not require hard work, constant self-propelled motivation, and hours of food prep in the kitchen. Some are easy and completely awesome... but just as important! One of these super, fantastic things that you SHOULD be doing is reading!

Now we all know how wonderful reading is, right?! I mean it's relaxing, it's an escape, and you get to go on adventures! But did you know reading is actually really good for you? Well it is. Like REALLY good for you. Reading reduces your chance of developing Alzheimer's disease, enhances your memory, and studies have shown that reading for just six minutes a day can reduce stress levels up to 68%. So, you need to get reading! Aaaaaand boy do I have some great books for you to read!

Today I am going to introduce you to Jillian Neal, a super, talented romance novelist who just released the fourth book in her Gifted Realm series.



I was so excited when she agreed to take time out of her busy schedule and let me interview her! Her Gifted Realm series will pull you into an exciting world filled with suspense, drama, and romance. You'll have it all... and holy moly the romance! Let me tell you folks, the books just keep getting hotter and hotter. Seriously! But it's just not all sexy scenes and romance, Jillian's writing is such a breath of fresh air. It's different, it's clever, and it's captivating. Her characters are all so dynamic and multi-dimensional that you truly feel as if you know them. The plotlines throughout the series are gripping and it makes these books very difficult to put down. I know, I know, stop talking Gabby, let's meet this woman! Okay, without further ado, here is my interview with author Jillian Neal.
-----------------------------------------------

1. What does ‘a day in the life’ look like for you? 

Well, my weeks probably look like complete chaos. ;) I usually write, edit, blog, and promote around 65 hours a week, if a book is due out soon it’s closer to 80. I try to squeeze in 2-3 good workouts a week, spend as much time as I can with my husband and our boys, and occasionally I attempt to clean my house and do laundry. All of this takes place thanks to the copious amounts of coffee I consume on a daily basis. This career is not for the faint-hearted, but nothing fulfills me like writing does. I love it all!

2. What draws you into the romance genre?  

I absolutely love everything about love in all its many forms. I’m absolutely fascinated with people falling in love, staying in love, attracting love, and giving it away. To me it is the strongest most invincible force on this earth. There is power in love. When I began writing “The Realm,” I never even considered it for any other genre. I want to tell love stories. It is what I was put here to do.


3. For the newcomers to this amazing series, how would you describe The Realm to give them an idea what they are in store for? 

The Gifted Realm is a fast paced, passionate tale about several couples navigating their way through the take down of a far-reaching, cruel criminal organization. While all of that is going on, our characters are also navigating their way through life. The center balancing force would be the Haydenshire family with all of their many sons, several of whom help tell the story. My characters are either in very devoted and sizzling hot relationships or are falling into a relationship that will set their sheets ablaze.  Ultimately, it is the love in these relationships that defines, shapes, and rectifies “The Realm.”

4. How did the concept of The Realm come to you? Which character(s) were created first? 

My characters sort of all approached me at once and then proceeded to take my brain hostage and they still refuse to release me. (I am totally okay with this at this point.) Actually, Dan Vindico and Fionna Styler were my first creations. As I recall, one day in absolute desperation, I scribbled down Dan’s defining characteristics and his mounting losses on a kitchen napkin. That wasn’t enough. He wanted to be written. Adeline Parker was the first character I named. I debated Rainer Lawson’s name for several weeks. I was driving downtown Atlanta and saw the exit for Emory Hospital. I gasped. Rainer Emory Lawson-- That was it!

5. What overall theme, if any, can be found throughout each book in the series? 

There are actually several themes woven throughout my books. I would love for my work to empower women sexually and in seeking romantic love. I would like to lift sex out of the more derogatory terms associated with it. I hope to show that not everything is always what it seems when presented by the media at large. I try to tell the story of the fallible hero. None of us are perfect, and none of us are impregnable. None of my characters will walk away from the end of this series without being changed and marred by their experiences. But most of all I want to take you on a journey, introduce you to my Realm, and give you an escape. When my readers tell me that they read my book while sitting in a hospital or while awaiting test results, my heart swells. That they would choose to escape into my books is an honor like no other.

6. What can readers look forward to after The Gifted Realm Series is complete?

 After “The Gifted Realm,” I have already completed another “Gifted” series focused on different characters than the ones presented in “The Realm.” I am currently writing a third “Gifted” series that actually changes location entirely. And I have scribbled a few notes on a kind of Gypsy love story that I plan to begin as soon as I’ve completed “The Gifted Islands.” 
--------------------------------------------------
I'm telling you ladies (and gentlemen), these books are just what you need to find some relaxation time. And if you don't want to take my word for it, here are just a few rave reviews you can check out!
5 Star Review for Jillian Neal (I had to add this review because although it indeed is a rave review, it's also hilarious).
So how do you get these books, you ask? You can get them on Amazon right here! And for a limited time, you can get the very first book, "Within the Realm" for only 99 cents on your kindle. Whaaaat?! Yes, you read that right. The second and third books, "Lesson Learned" and "Every Action" are also available at a steal for only $2.99 each on your kindle! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Oh and remember, reading is good for your health!

I'd like to send out a giant thank you to Jillian! Thank you for sharing your time and giving us some insider scoop on your fabulous "Realm". I for one, cannot wait until the next book is out!

If any of you would like to keep up with Jillian, you can follow her blog. Jillian's blog is one of my favs. She not only keeps you updated with "The Gifted Realm", but she also posts health and beauty tips, healthy recipes, and basically any of the things us girls like to read about. Check it out! You can also follow her on Twitter or Facebook.


   


--------------------------------

FOLLOW HALF OF GABBY ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY MOTIVATION!

You will receive daily goodies including: HEALTH & FITNESS TIPS, WORKOUTS, HEALTHY RECIPES, MOTIVATING ENCOURAGEMENT, as well as FAMILY FITNESS, MOMMY IDEAS, CRAFT IDEAS, and even FUNNY STORIES & ARTICLES for some comedic relief. You get a little bit of everything in just one click :)

To follow, simply 'Like' Half of Gabby's Facebook Page.

---------------------------------



*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

HOW TO NOT GET FAT FOR CHRISTMAS

PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAP PIZZA RECIPE