PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAP PIZZA RECIPE

Hi there!
Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website! 

Read this article, in it’s updated version, HERE.

 The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.comand will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!

~~~







Okay, these pizzas are out of this world yummy! With each pizza coming in at only 134 calories and packing the giant punch of 18 grams of protein, you can finally feel guilt-free about indulging on pizza night!

Years ago when I first discovered this recipe, I remember telling my husband I was going to try making these. I also remember him scrunching up his face and giving me some seriously skeptical eyebrow wiggles. Now mind you, my hubs LOVES mushrooms, but he is a die-hard pizza fan. I'm talkin' about a hardcore pizza love that is rock solid to the core. This man knows EXACTLY what kind of pizza he likes, what he wants on it, and where he wants it from.

Friday night is our pizza delivery night. After serving up healthy (and yummy) meals all week to my clan, Friday is a day for everyone to get their pizza fix. Well... everybody except me. I try not to eat pizza because gluten really bothers my system. If I really want it, I'd let myself have a piece or two with a salad but honestly I don't want it. It usually makes my belly sick if I do try to eat it. So when I saw this recipe I thought it would be perfect to make on pizza night. I could finally have pizza too!

Well, let me tell you, when I made these portabella pizzas for the first time, my husband went nuts. He LOVED them! The kiddos loved them too! Neither one of my girls like mushrooms but honestly, it's not really the mushroom cap that you taste, it's the toppings. Both of my girls ate up every bite and asked for seconds!

My youngest doesn’t like tomatoes so I always make a couple portabella pizzas with the traditional toppings of sauce, cheese and pepperoni. That’s the beauty of this recipe. You can top these mushroom caps with ANY topping that you want!!! 

They are just like a regular personal pan pizza. Everyone can have their own favorite toppings on them. 

My personal favorite is the bruschetta topping (which is in the recipe below). But you are free to do anything your little heart desires! Here’s a pic of the varieties I usually make:





PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAP PIZZAS w/ Bruschetta Topping

Makes 5 Pizzas


WHATCHU NEED:

5 PORTOBELLA MUSHROOM CAPS (I get mine at Sam's Club)




2 1/2c Diced TOMATOES (You can use any type of tomato or a combination of different kinds)
1 1/2c SHREDDED MOZZARELLA CHEESE (1/4 reserved for bruschetta mixture)
1/4c GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
1/2c Finely Sliced GREEN ONIONS
2 Tsp DRIED PARSLEY
1/2 Tsp GARLIC SALT
1/2 Tsp DRIED BASIL LEAVES
SALT & PEPPER (Desired amount)
1/4c Reduced Fat FETA CHEESE (Optional)

*Have a roll of PAPER TOWELS on hand

WHATCHU DO:


1. Remove mushroom stem and scrape the underside of the mushroom caps with a small teaspoon. 


*Be somewhat gentle when scraping (especially the edges) so that you don't break the cap.

This is what the underside of the mushroom cap looks like before scraping.
 

This is what the underside of mushroom cap looks like after scraping, washing and drying.



2. Wash and dry the mushroom caps.


3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly mist with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps on cookie sheet and broil EACH side for 5 minutes. Broil them with the undersides UP first.  


*After caps are broiled, you'll need to soak up the extra liquid with paper towels. 



This is what the caps look like before broiling.



This is what they will look like after broiling. After broiling they will be smaller and darker. While broiling they'll release a lot of liquid which you'll dab up with paper towels (once they cool a bit). 


4. While mushroom caps are broiling, dice up the tomatoes and put in large bowl. 


*Bunch up a paper towel and while tilting bowl, soak up the liquid from the tomatoes. Repeat until all extra liquid is sopped up.



5. Mix green onions, 1/4c grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4c shredded Mozzarella cheese, garlic salt, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper in with the diced tomatoes.




6. Wipe off and dry the foil that is lining your cookie sheet and then RE-MIST it lightly with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps back on foil, UNDERSIDE UP.

7. Sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella cheese as the first layer on the cap. Then put a generous amount of bruschetta as the second layer. Then sprinkle the top with reduced-fat Feta cheese (This is optional. Instead, you can sprinkle another layer of mozzarella cheese).


8. Broil until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Approx. 5-7 minutes but WATCH CLOSELY!! 


9. ENJOY!


NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Serving size: 1 pizza 


    134    CALORIES
    9g      CARBOHYDRATES
    6g      FAT
    18g    PROTEIN 



*These values are for the Bruschetta pizzas and DO include the Feta cheese. These values are NOT for the plain cheese pizzas, the pepperoni pizzas, or the green pepper & pepperoni pizzas.

 You can top your pizzas anyway you like. Everyone gets to have their favorite!






Wanna try some more delicious, healthy recipes? 
I think you'll like these:













Here's Some Articles Filled With Weight Loss Tips!












Motivational and Inspirational Weight Loss Articles!



























Need some skinny dessert recipes?















--------------------

FOLLOW HALF OF GABBY ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY MOTIVATION! 

You will receive daily goodies including: HEALTH & FITNESS TIPSWORKOUTSHEALTHY RECIPESMOTIVATING ENCOURAGEMENT, as well as FAMILY FITNESSMOMMY IDEASCRAFT IDEAS, and even FUNNY STORIES & ARTICLES for some comedic relief. You get a little bit of everything in just one click :)


To follow, simply 'Like' Half of Gabby's Facebook Page. 

---------------------


*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

HOW TO NOT GET FAT FOR CHRISTMAS